Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Let's Talk

I'm going to be honest: I'm not a blogger. I find blogging regularly way too difficult, but I'm going to give it my best shot. My plan is to blog twice a month. I'll aim for the first and the fifteenth, but I may stray from the schedule. As long as I stick with at least two posts a month, I'll feel pretty accomplished. :)

For my first blog post, I thought I'd take the typical route: a simple introduction. The links on my website will lead you to information about me, my books, and my editing work. But I keep it simple and to the point. There's a lot about me you'd never know. I figured there wouldn't be a more perfect time to air out my dirty laundry. ;)

My name is Danielle, and I'm a writer. I tend to stay in the romance genre, while simultaneously intermingling other genres within the pages of my books. I'm busily writing Blood Lust, an urban fantasy and paranormal romance novel, which also happens to be my graduate school thesis. I plan to have a complete draft by mid-2015, at which time I'm planning to query agents. Hopefully it'll be in your hands within a year or so! (The publication process is a long, uphill battle. Bear with me. It'll be worth it!)

Aside from Blood Lust, I also have several more novels outlined: a few standalone contemporary romances; a new adult post-apocalyptic braided narrative; and an adult psychological thriller.

I'm the owner and editor of Narrative Ink Editing LLC, an independent editing company located in southeastern Wisconsin. I'm also a composition instructor at a local college. It's fair to say my plate is overflowing with work.

I currently reside in southeastern Wisconsin, and when not writing, editing, or teaching, I travel. I've been to England, Wales, Ireland (twice), Mexico, Belize, and Canada. I've also visited most eastern US states. 




Here's a picture of me in Ireland. (Ha!) No, really, I
was in Ireland when I accidentally took this one. :) 




Here's a picture of me standing on the top
floor of Willis Tower in Chicago, IL




Here's a picture of my nephew and me. We were in Nashville, TN.





I was feeding horses in Belize, just before our
horseback-riding extravaganza through a rain forest.  




My first Green Bay Packer game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI.




I was in Mexico for this one. These people pose for tourists. :)




I've done several animal encounters, including swimming with
Beluga whales and playing with penguins. I swan with dolphins in Mexico. 




In the future, I'll share more tidbits of my life and travel experiences, and in two weeks, I'll blog again about my take on resolutions for the new year. Be sure to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment