Sunday, December 28, 2014

Resolutions

I've never been one to make resolutions for the new year. Sure, I had goals, but I didn't deem them a new year's resolution. I think that was because I was afraid of failure. It was as if failing to meet my resolution meant the whole year was a waste. Now that I'm older, I see things differently, and this year, I'm making resolutions.

2015 is going to be a very busy year for me. I have just finished my graduate school program, and I will participate in my graduation ceremony in January. I'll be taking a two week road trip to Maine for the event, but more on that in January...

The new year will also see a wedding. My fiancé and I have been together for five years, and we're finally tying the knot. We're having a very low key destination beach wedding in Key West, but again, more on that in May. :) 

Finally, the new year will bring the final draft of Blood Lust, the novel I've been working on since 2009, so to speak. It's survived plot overhauls, character merges, and name changes, though, so it's hard to admit to it being the same novel I started penning so many years ago.

As I close the book on 2014, I'm left reminiscing about my achievements. I saw some of my best and worst times this year, and that only leaves me knowing that 2015 just may be my best one yet.

Here are my 2015 resolutions:

1. Writing. I plan to write. A lot. I will finish Blood Lust and finally make the big girl decisions like traditional or self-publishing. I'll post about the process, so make sure you check back regularly. I'm aiming to have a final (edited) version Blood Lust by June 2015, so hopefully, I'll get another half a novel (at least) penned. The hard part is choosing which novel to begin... Perhaps the braided narrative?





Here's the sample cover for Blood Lust.


2. Debt. Having a master's, I'm no stranger to debt, but I'm on my way to a debt-free lifestyle thanks to Dave Ramsey. (Learn more about Dave here.) I will be posting about Dave's Financial Peace University and how it's impacted my life, so be prepared. My plan in 2015 is to pay off all debt (not including my student loans). Think I can do it? The only way to find out is to check back. :)




I'm currently reading Dave's
COMPLETE GUIDE TO MONEY.


3. Healthy living. I see too many failed diet attempts (mostly my own). But this isn't another resolution to lose weight. This is a resolution to get healthy--whatever that may be. "Getting healthy" means something different to everyone, and for me, it is the first step to a more comfortable, more confident me. Like my other resolutions, I'm sure you'll see a post or two on this one.






Here's a photo I took of one of my dogs after a hike.


So are you making any resolutions? I'd love to hear about them! Comment below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment